Bruce Rauner to Attend White House Dinner with Donald Trump
Will the Failed Governor Stand Up to the President?
Chicago, IL – Tonight, Bruce Rauner will be attending dinner at the White House with Donald Trump. The failed governor earned the invitation for his continued silence in the face of Trump’s harmful, bigoted agenda. Let's take a look at the ways Trump has attacked Illinois' families while Rauner silently stood by:
- Fought to repeal the Affordable Care Act and strip healthcare from millions.
- Demonized immigrants and deported Dreamers.
- Threatened health insurance for children.
- Passed a regressive tax bill to hand out billions to the wealthy and corporations.
- Gutted EPA regulations and withdrew from the Paris Climate Accord.
“Donald Trump has attacked our state’s children, immigrant communities, and working families, but our failed governor has done nothing to stop him and even refused to say his name,” said Pritzker campaign spokeswoman Jordan Abudayyeh. “While other Republican leaders speak out against Trump, Bruce Rauner is breaking bread at the White House and failing to protect Illinois families.”