Pritzker Campaign Launches New Website: "Crisis Creatin’ Rauner”
CrisisCreatinRauner.Com Highlights Rauner’s 691 Day Manufactured Budget Crisis
Chicago, IL – Today, on day 691 without an Illinois budget, the JB Pritzker for Governor campaign launched "Crisis Creatin' Rauner." This multimedia campaign will highlight the budget crisis of Bruce Rauner’s own making and the families, schools, and social service agencies that continue to pay the price.
The campaign kicks off with the launch of CrisisCreatinRauner.com, a website with a count up clock that tracks the 691 days and counting without a state budget. The website also highlights the new twitter feed, @RaunersCrisis, which will track and report on Bruce Rauner’s daily devastation on Illinois.
In 2015, Bruce Rauner made it clear that creating a crisis in our state was his goal. As some may recall:
- Bruce Rauner, 4/6/15
In his own words, Bruce Rauner describes what has been clear all along: Illinois' budget crisis—a record 691 days long—is no accident. Rauner wanted a crisis and so a crisis he made. In the past few weeks alone, Rauner put his staggering recklessness on full display as he:
- Hiked Illinois’ unpaid bills $1 billion overnight, bringing total state debt to a record $14.3 billion.
- Accepted $20 million from Ken Griffin, who is bent on destroying public schools as our education system continues to suffer.
- Lost the support of business leaders and bondholders who are fed up with Rauner’s economic devastation.
- Remained silent as Donald Trump tried to strip healthcare from over a million Illinoisans.
- Spread fake news to a politically linked outlet to prevent compromise on school funding reform.
“It’s been 691 days without a state budget and one thing is clear: this is a crisis of Bruce Rauner’s own creatin' and Illinois families continue to pay the price,” said Pritzker campaign communications director Galia Slayen. “Rauner didn’t mince words when he presented his plan to create a crisis and force his agenda on Illinois -- so neither will we. Bruce Rauner is a failed governor who is wreaking havoc on Illinois, decimating the economy, holding schools hostage, and leaving the most vulnerable communities behind. Stay tuned in the coming days and weeks as ‘Crisis Creatin’ Rauner,’ holds Rauner accountable.”