HEADLINES: Bruce Rauner’s No Good, Very Bad Week
Chicago, IL – It’s been quite the week for this Crisis Creatin’ governor as Bruce Rauner has faced a barrage of negative headlines for his failed leadership. Here’s what Illinoisans are reading about the damage Bruce Rauner has done:
- Crain’s Chicago Business: Rauner keeping public in dark about rates in Medicaid reboot
- Chicago Tribune: Morning Spin: Mendoza says Rauner can’t take criticism ‘from a 5-foot-3 woman from Chicago’
- Chicago Tribune: Food stamp benefits disrupted for thousands as state launches new eligibility system
- Chicago Sun-Times: Rauner Makes List; Dems Check It Twice
- Chicago Tribune: Morning Spin: What you need to know about Rauner's 'Top 10' accomplishments list
- Capitol Fax: Merry Christmas! No food stamps for you!
- WSIL: Political expert weighs in on "Rauner's Top 10 Accomplishments"
- Injustice Watch: Rauner appointee to Illinois board accused of racial slurs, ethics violations
- Chicago Sun-Times: Gov. Rauner wages war with … WBEZ?
- Chicago Tribune: Rauner lays out how second term will be different, blames Emanuel for first-term failures
- WCIA: Cyber attack disrupts veterans benefit program
- The Southern Illinoisan: Effective leaders find ways to get job done
- Chicago Sun-Times: Going down ‘fake news’ low road, Gov, is bad for democracy
- WBEZ: ‘Beginning Of An Epidemic’: Email Shows State Waited 6 Days To Publicize Legionnaires’ Outbreak
- Chicago Tribune: Rauner won’t say if he has moral responsibility for Quincy veterans’ illnesses, deaths
- WNIJ: Sen. Durbin Slams Gov. Rauner For Legionnaires Disease Response
- Capitol Fax: Did Illinois lie to the CDC?
“With a week full of gross government mismanagement, petty media squabbles, and devastating editorials, Bruce Rauner is yet again making headlines for all the wrong reasons,” said Pritzker campaign spokeswoman Jordan Abudayyeh. “This failed governor stumbled through another week with whole departments of state government not functioning and devastating consequences for Illinois families.”